Spring time! The mere mention of the word motivates most of us to head on out to the yard for a much needed fall cleanup. Some of us may actually be moved to start a whole house spring cleaning. It may also be time to give your car a little springtime TLC.
Drivers often overlook their vehicles when it is spring cleaning time. Winters can be very tough on your vehicle, but following a few easy steps to spruce up your vehicle, could save you tons on costly repairs down the road. And speaking of the road…AAA roadside service estimates that it helps more than 9 million stranded motorists during the summer months.
So, what can you do to get your vehicle in shape for the upcoming road trips?
* Check the battery: You can’t go anywhere if your car won’t start. Winter can be tough on all starting components, including the starter, alternator, and battery. Check for corroded terminals, and inspect for a bulging or cracked case.
* Check the brakes: Salt on the roads can lead to corrosion of brake parts. Winter’s slick icy roads can be especially hard on your anti-lock braking systems so it pays to get them inspected before you hit the open road.
* Check the tires: Worn-down tires make it hard to stop, even if your brakes are in good order. Keep your tires inflated to the pressure suggested by the manufacturer. Excessive wear could be signs that other maintenance is required.
* Check the belts and hoses: Look for cracks or peeling of belts, and softening of hoses. Overlooking these items can result in serious engine damage.
* Check wiper blades. Spring is considered the rainiest time of year, and properly functioning wiper blades increase visibility.
* Check your oil: Oil is the lifeblood of the engine and should be checked often. Low or dirty oil will have an impact on your engines performance.
If all of this seems a little daunting, no worries, Peterson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram is here to help. Our Quick Lube service center is open Monday – Friday 7:30 to 6:00, and Saturday from 8:30 to 4:00. The best part is “No Appointment” is necessary. Not only will they change your oil, they will do a thorough multi-point inspection on your vehicle.
Let us help you get your vehicle ready for the upcoming summer months. Our website is full of special offers to keep your vehicle in tip top shape. What are you waiting for? (Click here for specials)