Temperatures may still be high in Nampa, but this Dodge dealer is gearing up for cooler seasons. As we approach mid-October, we’d like to take this opportunity to remind local drivers of their vehicles’ needs going into fall.
At Peterson Stampede Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, we always encourage drivers to get ahead of the cool weather by checking the following items (courtesy of Mopar®) off of their fall driving list:
- Examine tire tread and sidewall for wear. Occasionally tire wear can indicate problem areas on the vehicle, and the best way to prevent it is to maintain appropriate air pressure through all seasons of the year.
- Ensure that your wiper blades are prepared to take on harsh weather before it hits! The last thing you need in a rain- or snowstorm is limited visibility, and you never can tell when the forecast will begin to turn.
- Check brakes coming out of the demanding driving season we face in the summer. That means brake pads, shoes, drums, rotors, wheel cylinders, calipers, hardware and parking brakes all need to operating successfully.
- Inspect shocks and struts so that your car is ready to take on any potholes that may be hiding on the road. Doing so will ensure that your journey is comfortable and stable no matter the terrain.
- Check your battery now to ensure that the summer heat hasn’t done too much damage. Batteries are most likely to fail in the winter, so there’s no better time to look for corroded terminals or a damaged case.
- Engine oil viscosity is extremely important heading into cooler temps. No matter the season, though, be certain to change your oil at the recommended intervals to avoid engine damage due to low or dirty fluids.
- Replace engine belts and hoses when recommended for optimal fit and a long life of serving your vehicle.
- Check the levels of important fluids and lubricants – antifreeze/coolant concentration and power steering, transmission, brake and windshield washer fluids – to ensure that you are stocked up for the fall and winter.
- With shorter days approaching, it’s important to have fully operating headlamps and taillamps for increased visibility and enhanced safety.
- Shield your engine from airborne contaminants by inspecting your air filter and allowing clean air to reach your engine for long-lasting performance.
No matter what your car needs, we encourage you to contact our service department for an inspection before the cool weather strikes! 208) 475-3000