As summer winds down, floating the river, picnic’s in the park, and camping trips will come to an end and the start of a new school year beckons. Gone are the days of sleeping in and lounging in your PJ’s till noon. Getting back into the school routine can be a challenge for everyone in the family. Here are a few tips to make the transition a little easier:
- A few weeks before school starts, move bedtime back to an earlier time.
- Put a positive spin on going back to school. Talk about the fun things your child will learn, the old friends he’ll see and the new friends he’ll make.
- If your child is anxious about starting the next grade, reassure her that other children have these feelings too.
- Establish school-day schedules for homework, TV, baths and bedtime
- Establish a “get ready the night before” policy. Pick clothes for the next day and pack the backpack every evening before bedtime, and you’ll save precious time in the morning.
- Go through your children’s wardrobes and weed out everything they’ve outgrown. By reducing the clutter, you will be able to get them dressed quickly and easily.
- Everyone will feel better if transportation to and from school is addressed well before the start of the school year, particularly if your child is walking, riding his bike or taking the bus.
While we are on the subject of transportation…maybe a new vehicle would be a great start to the new school year. Something with plenty of room to seat everyone comfortably, plus haul the troves of sports equipment or musical instruments that will surely be part of your child’s school curriculum.
Check out these family friendly vehicles’s offered at Peterson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram:
Chrysler Pacifica – Named Family Car of the Year for 2018 by Cars.com, the Pacifica comes standard with SafetyTec featuring Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path Detection, and many more safety features.
Dodge Durango – Fit up to seven people or try more than 50 different seating configurations to carry your cargo or passengers.
Jeep Cherokee – A standard 60/40 split-folding rear seat with reclining and fore-aft adjustment capability offer lots of choices for interior configurations.
Start the new school year off in style…pay us a visit and let our professional sales consultants show you all the options that are available for transporting your most precious cargo.