In an effort to support local schools and teachers, Peterson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Nampa, Idaho developed their Back to School Appreciation Project. In the month of September, for every new vehicle sold, $100 is donated to local schools and teachers. This project doesn’t just give Peterson the chance to provide much-needed supplies to our local schools but gives the customers a chance to have an impact as well.
This year, seven agriculture education programs and teachers in the Treasure Valley were recipients with funding going to a diversity of projects.
“Agriculture is part of our daily lives—from the food, we eat to the clothes we wear. We know how important it is to get young people involved in agriculture – they are our country’s future. The FFA organization provides students opportunities to learn and practice skills needed to enter the workplace and will be used throughout their lives. Hopefully, with the money raised for much-needed equipment, the students can enhance their hands-on education to better prepare them to enter the workforce,” said Marie Wallingford, Peterson DCJR Customer Experience Specialist.
In all, the program raised $13,100 this year for 10 different school projects that needed to be funded. Here is a list of projects that were funded this year through the program:
- Columbia High FFA program – Double oven and stovetop.
- Ridgeview High FFA program – Weld Defect Kit
- Middleton High FFA program – Weld Defect Kit
- Vallivue High FFA program – Hydroponics System
- Caldwell High FFA program – Four Microscopes
- Kuna High FFA program – Greenhouse Tool Shed
- Payette River Technical Academy FFA program – Veterinary Microscopes and accessories
- Ronald Regan Elementary – Augmented Reality Sandbox (Science Program)
- Paramount Elementary – Wagons Ho History Adventure ( 4th Grade hands-on history program)
- Eagle High Marching Band – Tournament transportation
Over the last 5 years, the dealership has raised close to $80,000 for local schools with the Back to School Appreciation Project and test drive events such as Cars for Classrooms, and the Ram Gridiron Fundraiser Challenge.
We would like to thank all of the customers who gave us the opportunity to earn their business and in turn, help support the Education and Agriculture Community that is so important to everyone. We need to give teachers the tools to educate our future leaders.
Thanks for sharing our vision!